Student News Site of John P. Stevens High School

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

2025 Trivia Night

Team+2016+Chino+Hills+raising+their+placard+to+answer+a+question+for+the+Trivia+Night.+
Neha Kulkarni
Team 2016 Chino Hills raising their placard to answer a question for the Trivia Night.

On February 29, the Class Council of 2025 held its first Trivia Night of the year where teams of students gathered to battle in various fields of knowledge ranging from science to pop culture. This event allows students from various grades to showcase their extensive knowledge as well as their familiarity with other fields by competing for the prize of a $100 gift card. 

“It is pretty exciting as this is the first time Class Council held an event like this,” said Class Council Treasurer junior Ishaan Brahma. “It was cool to see a bunch of teams sign up for this event.” 

The event started with the participants’ phones being taken away to eradicate any sort of cheating. Each team was awarded ten points for each correct answer and no points were deducted for wrong answers. The event started with a general knowledge question: “What is the hardest natural substance on Earth?” The unanimous correct answer, “diamond”, started all the teams to a start of 10 points. 

“It was a great event with fierce but friendly competition,” said one of the participants, junior Tanush Patil. “It was fun hanging out with friends and eating candy.”  

Topics ranging from Albert Einstein to computer basics actively tested the participants’ memory from their previous curriculums. The diverse questions during the event simultaneously fostered teamwork as well as encouraged healthy competition and camaraderie among the teams. It served as a platform for social interaction among different grades. 

After a series of questions, Class Council advisor Mr Miller handed out handfuls of candy to keep the participants motivated throughout the trivia questions. By the time the Geography, History, and Food sections were finished, Team Chicken Tikka Masala was in the lead at 160 points, followed by Team Sand and Team Battalion tied with 150 points, and Chino Hills at third with 140 points. After an hour of answering trivia questions, Team Sand and Team Chicken Tikka Mosalah were head to head both with 250 points, and it was all down to one final question: “What does the P in John P. Stevens stand for?” Team Chicken Tikka Mosalah secured their victory as they had won with their final answer: Peters.

Overall, the Trivia Night was an enjoyable event for all the teams who participated, and the Class of 2025 Council looks forward to hosting more events in the future.