SHH Movie Night – 100% Rotten Tomatoes

Laasya Udupa, Staff Writer

On February 23, the JP Stevens Spanish Honor Society (SHH) held its annual movie night. Open to all students, SHH members and their friends entered the school thrilled with the prospect of watching a great movie. 

For many years, SHH Movie Night has been a pivotal event for the honor society. The main idea was to create an enjoyable and relaxing event that took away from the stressful environment of high school. Thankfully, SHH Movie Night has done just that.  

This movie night was definitely a night to remember. The laughter and movie magic could be heard throughout the halls all night. SHH Movie Night was held from 5-7 p.m. in the cafeteria and fulfilled one event requirement for members of the honor society. The cafeteria was filled with students and faculty, all of whom were enjoying their time at the event. Although a small admission fee of $5 was required, a price cannot be put on the invaluable memories made at SHH Movie Night.

In the cafeteria, volunteers aided in setting up for the event along with passing out various types of food. The participation and hard work of the volunteers at the event allowed the event to be the success it was. From helping to set up the movie to passing out food to even cleaning up the array of scraps and other debris after the event, the volunteers played an important role at the event. 

In terms of the food, it was incomparable to the school lunches supplied on a daily basis. The selection consisted of an assortment of chips, cookies, and sodas in addition to the pizza and water that was provided. After students held their plates piling them high with as much as they could fit, they settled into their seats awaiting for the movie to be played. 

“I loved watching the movie they played, ” said senior Aditri Singh. “I didn’t expect to like it, but it made the night even more perfect.”

The movie for the evening was Murder Mystery starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Murder Mystery is a comedic mystery movie that follows a murder investigation on a European excursion after the main characters are framed for the death of a billionaire on his private yacht. Applause and laughter echoed as the movie concluded. 

As more people walked around passing out pizza, more pictures were taken, and students began filing out of the cafeteria, the night came to a close. 

“It was a night filled with good company, good food, and a fantastic movie,” said senior Preet Patel. 

While the main event of the movie night may have been to enjoy watching a great movie, it was also a night to socialize and have a great time with friends outside of school.

All things considered, it was a fantastic night in part to those that attended, the executive board, the volunteers, and the elements of the event.