Winter Pep Rally

Sarah Liu

Dev Doshi excites the audience with a charismatic speech.

Shreyaah Iyer, Staff Writer

On December 9, students gathered in the new gym in order to attend the Winter Pep Rally and support their fellow student athletes. The pep rally was a great way for athletes to showcase the hard work they had been putting in throughout the season and encourage more people to attend games to support JP athletics. 

Each grade level was also able to display how much school spirit they had by cheering on their fellow athletes. Upbeat music was also played throughout the pep rally, allowing for a more enjoyable and thrilling environment. 

“I think the pep rally was exciting because of the music and the comfortable setting we were in,” said junior Emaan Qadry. “I was able to talk to my friends and listen to music while watching the athletes which genuinely was very fun.”

Different sports and their athletes were introduced. Each athlete in basketball, wrestling, bowling, hockey, swimming, the dance team, and cheerleading was called out by name, which allowed the audience to appreciate each and every one of them. While the track athletes were not individually introduced, they were still cheered on by their peers. 

There were many moments in which the participating students were able to showcase their talents. For example, the cheerleaders re-enacted routines which both displayed their athleticism and energized the audience. Students were also able to watch the dance team perform a variety of routines based on both cultural and popular songs. Seeing these athletes display their skills were especially spectacular for those who have not had the opportunity to watch these athletes in action before. 

Another particularly memorable moment was when the bowling team re-enacted the process of bowling a strike with students representing the pins. The pep rally was filled with many humorous moments such as these that allowed for it to be a very enjoyable experience for those watching and those participating. 

“The pep rally was a really great experience for me because it allowed me to be recognized as an athlete,” said junior Kriti Kumaran, a track team member. “It also allowed me to recognize others’ efforts to become the amazing athletes that they are.”

All in all, the pep rally was a very successful event, allowing all students to connect more with their athletes and build more school spirit.